Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Team hi five @ Wehr Nature Center

My name is Fred and I am a employee of MCLC (milwuakee conservation

leadership corp). I work in a crew of twelve with nine other teens from
the greater milwukee area and two adult crew leaders. The crew name is team high five.
My crew is a mixture of different personalities and races. I enjoy every minute I get
to spend with them. This summer my crew is working at Wehr Nature
Center. We help the center get important tasks done that they wouldn't
have had the time or the man power to do. My crew and myself have removed
invasive plants and evergreen bushes, so that native plants can be
planted there . We also participated in prairie days at the nature center.
This is a week long event of teaching young kids how people lived in the past. The
best thing about working for MCLC is that you can see the change
you've made to the earth and you make great friends in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment